Monday, July 12, 2010
Twenty Years For A Couple Of Fools
It's nice to see some mortgage scammers get what they deserve. Kurt F. Johnson and Dale Heineman were on trial for scamming some people and getting 3 million dollars from them. As a way to somehow wiggle out of having a trial, they said they would represent themselves, and then did stupid things like filing meaningless documents and dressing in prison clothes. Then they said they had incompetent representation, i.e. themselves. Thankfully, that didn't wash, and they got 20 years.
That sounds like something fresh out of some old comedy sketch. I can't believe someone tried it. I love the phrasing "The record clearly shows that the defendants are fools, but that is not the same as being incompetent."
That sounds like something fresh out of some old comedy sketch. I can't believe someone tried it. I love the phrasing "The record clearly shows that the defendants are fools, but that is not the same as being incompetent."
Labels:
master criminals,
news,
that was dumb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment