There are certain details in here that especially get me all freaked out, details like
Q: How did you practise?A few is 15000 bees? A few? Hmm. When I think a few, I think 5 or 10. Not 15000.
A: We did one trial run with a few bees that I knew were very nice and gentle. There were probably 15,000 to 20,000 bees.
Q: Do they forage on your face?I can just imagine the bzz bzz bzzing along with sucking, and it's too much. Goose bumps are travelling up and down my back.
A: They start to look for moisture for sure, they get really hot. They'll go to my lips and you can feel the little tongues getting moisture. They can also suck up the sweat.
Q: What does it feel like in general?Ick. This is why I am not a beekeeper.
A: It's kind of like monkeys in a barrel. The original bee holds onto the face and they hold on to each other. It's kind of little claws, holding on to the skin. If I try to move my face, they hold on with all their might, it feels like a sunburn. The skin is tight.
Q: How do you take the beard off?I'd be jumping around if you tried to put them *on* my face.
A: Basically you lean over top of the colony box that they live in, and jump. The jerking motion makes them all let go.
Q: Is there any other way to get 37,000 bees off your face?And when you're dealing with 37000 bees, do what they like! Respect the bees, man!
A: There are times when you can sweep bees. I don't think I would want to sweep them off, they don't like that motion.
Um, when I look at that, that's a big part of the Q and A that freaked me out. Beekeepers, I have an infinite respect for you. I don't think I could even watch someone put a bee beard on, let alone wear one myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment