Sunday, May 16, 2010

Looks Like We're Going To Have To Learn The Words Again

Gordon Lightfoot hasdecided to change some of the words to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgeraldafter seeing a documentary called Dive Detectives which claims that the ship's sinking might not have been due to open hatches as the official records show, but rather to a rogue wave that could have been strong enough to topple it. According to the CBC there are no plans for a new recorded version of the song, but he'll be singing some new lyrics during concerts from now on.

I'm all for being historically accurate, but I can't help thinking that this is going to take a lot of getting used to. Has anybody heard it? How much has actually been changed? I'd love to see a video or at least read the lyrics as they are now. If I can find either or both I'll definitely post them.

For now,here's the original.Good luck getting it out of your head.

No comments:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008