Monday, May 30, 2011

Weee! It's A Flying Blind Guy!

After we wrote about Wess and Ian's blind guy stories, our buddy Martin emailed me with a gem of his own. I have to put it up because when I read it, I began to laugh and laugh and laugh, to the point that I couldn't tell Steve what I was on about and I had to let JAWS read it.
True story.

A guy I knew from New Brunswick (Saint John to be exact) was plodding up to a street corner and he stopped to get his bearings.  Two guys walked up on each side of him, lifted him off the ground and carried him across the street.  Bob thanked them and added that he did not really want to cross to this side, where they promptly picked him up and returned him to the original side of the street.  While Bob was relating this story to me, I just about broke my back laughing.
I did too, and so did Steve. Well the guys got their good deed of the day, and lots of extra exercise! Good on poor Bob for not freaking out as he was being hoisted through the air. I don't think I could do so well.

You know, it's amazing that didn't happen to me more in the pre-dog days. I think now they wouldn't dare because they'd have to pick up a dog too, but I'm kind of small and light. Hell, I think Steve can pick me up with one arm.

Damn, that's a gooder.

4 comments:

Carin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

It's been a long time since I've tried picking you up 1-handed, but I know I used to could pretty easily.

And this story is still funny days later.

James said...

You should try it again, Steve. Just to say you still can. And because she'll probably freak. :D

Steve said...

I'd say freaking is very likely to ensue, although I doubt it would be freakage on the level of the time we were play wrestling and I picked her up and turned her up side down.

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008