Sunday, May 22, 2011
Today's Worst Thing I've Ever Seen: The Baby Bullet Infomercial
I just spent 10 minutes of my life watching this Baby Bullet infomercial. NO, I haven't the slightest clue why. It's awful even by infomercial standards. Seriously, just watch this acting. And when I say acting I'm not meaning to insult actual actors, I'm just fresh out of synonyms. This woman and her emphasis! of nearly! every! word! has taken away! my capacity for! speech!
And baby blend blade? That's...unfortunate.
Really, this entire thing is unfortunate. You know how sometimes you watch one of these things and even if the product is kind of stupid and would never work, there's a small part of your brain that says "hmmm, that sounds neat. Maybe I should..."? That part of your brain can feel free to take itself a break here, because you won't be needing it. In fact I'm not even sure I want one of the regular Magic Bullets anymore, and I may start calling my friends and family and trying to convince them to return theirs. This really might be that bad.
They never truly had me, but I can't decide at which point they lost me for good. I've got it narrowed down to either when the woman says "it's got a face on it!", the part about how the machine makes organic baby food with only the freshest, healthiest ingredients completely discounting the idea that you could literally put anything that'll fit in there and turn it to mush or the BFF line, which is so far beyond terrible it's almost great. Thoughts?
And baby blend blade? That's...unfortunate.
Really, this entire thing is unfortunate. You know how sometimes you watch one of these things and even if the product is kind of stupid and would never work, there's a small part of your brain that says "hmmm, that sounds neat. Maybe I should..."? That part of your brain can feel free to take itself a break here, because you won't be needing it. In fact I'm not even sure I want one of the regular Magic Bullets anymore, and I may start calling my friends and family and trying to convince them to return theirs. This really might be that bad.
They never truly had me, but I can't decide at which point they lost me for good. I've got it narrowed down to either when the woman says "it's got a face on it!", the part about how the machine makes organic baby food with only the freshest, healthiest ingredients completely discounting the idea that you could literally put anything that'll fit in there and turn it to mush or the BFF line, which is so far beyond terrible it's almost great. Thoughts?
Labels:
commercials,
TV and movies,
videos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
and since when is a dude at a baby shower? And why is she so hateful towards her mom and grandma? I'd wanna slap her.
The guy at a baby shower thing does happen. It's so sad. Watching a guy that's been forced to go to a baby shower is like watching a guy being sent off to meet his doom. Please ladies, if you love us as much as you claim you do, never make us do that.
And I'm not sure she's being hateful towards grandma and mom, I think it's more that she's only got one acting style. And if she's going to be hateful, could you blame her? Mom is a doubting Thomas and grandma's a drunk.
I had a hard time getting past grandma saying, "nice package". And magic bullet? Sounds like an adult toy. Baby bullet just sounds wrong.
And she sounds like she's telling her girlfriends about the amazing night she had with the magic bullet.
And this new thing about coed baby and bridal showers? Stupid. I wouldn't want a guy at either.
Post a Comment