Friday, October 22, 2010
Holy Expensive Bible!
Here's one for all the people who have tried to heal me.
Many times, during conversations where super-religious folk tell me I can be saved, or invite me to some kind of healing service, they ask me if a braille bible exists. Well, I'm here to say the answer is yes...if you can afford it.
I was poking around on The Braille Superstore's website, and typed bible into their search box just for curiosity's sake, and boy oh boy did I find a lot of bibles.
Where should I begin? Well, you can get the Holy Bible in grade 2 braille for $661.53, or if you can't read Grade 2 Braille, you can get the Grade 1 Braille version for $856.41.
If you're catholic, the Roman Catholic bible in Grade 2 Braille is $728.20, and it's $939.49 in Grade 1.
Nope, You're not losin' it. That's the cost of getting the whole bible in braille, and that's the price set by a store that sells things at a reasonable price! It says on the main bible page that the bible is 36 volumes in Grade 2 Braille. I would have expected it to have been more, since the old Webster's dictionary was 37 volumes. But what do I know?
So, the next time you get asked if there's a bible in braille, send the person here and they'll have their answer, and then they'll probably faint, and not just at the sight of the cost of the bible.
Many times, during conversations where super-religious folk tell me I can be saved, or invite me to some kind of healing service, they ask me if a braille bible exists. Well, I'm here to say the answer is yes...if you can afford it.
I was poking around on The Braille Superstore's website, and typed bible into their search box just for curiosity's sake, and boy oh boy did I find a lot of bibles.
Where should I begin? Well, you can get the Holy Bible in grade 2 braille for $661.53, or if you can't read Grade 2 Braille, you can get the Grade 1 Braille version for $856.41.
If you're catholic, the Roman Catholic bible in Grade 2 Braille is $728.20, and it's $939.49 in Grade 1.
Nope, You're not losin' it. That's the cost of getting the whole bible in braille, and that's the price set by a store that sells things at a reasonable price! It says on the main bible page that the bible is 36 volumes in Grade 2 Braille. I would have expected it to have been more, since the old Webster's dictionary was 37 volumes. But what do I know?
So, the next time you get asked if there's a bible in braille, send the person here and they'll have their answer, and then they'll probably faint, and not just at the sight of the cost of the bible.
Labels:
blind guy user's manual,
books,
religion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment