Wednesday, March 09, 2011
There Was Some Measure Of Justice, But Not Enough
Well, there's an update on the Central High School rape case, and it's not a good one.
Someone who was responsible for the loss of all that evidence and the way they handled the victim has been charged with a crime, but the crime is not nearly what it should be. I would have thought obstruction of justice would have been a fine charge with which to saddle some school officials. But all the school principal got was failure to immediately report child abuse or neglect, a misdemeanor. Just laughable, and speaks to how seriously people tend to take sexual assault cases.
Damn it, I was hoping that bunches of school officials would get raked over the coals for this.
Someone who was responsible for the loss of all that evidence and the way they handled the victim has been charged with a crime, but the crime is not nearly what it should be. I would have thought obstruction of justice would have been a fine charge with which to saddle some school officials. But all the school principal got was failure to immediately report child abuse or neglect, a misdemeanor. Just laughable, and speaks to how seriously people tend to take sexual assault cases.
Damn it, I was hoping that bunches of school officials would get raked over the coals for this.
Labels:
news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment