Thursday, August 13, 2009
Les Paul, More Dead
I'll confess, I blatantly swiped that title from aFarkheadline, but it made me laugh, I couldn't come up with a better one, and it's not like I'm the first person to ever take their material. Radio folks have been making a living doing that for years, but unlike them I'm man enough to admit it.
The music world suffered a great loss last night in the form of a man who influenced music much more than Michael Jackson did, but unfortunately won't get a quarter of the coverage. Les Paul, who essentially invented the electric guitar and multi-track recording,died yesterday at the age of 94.
Without Jackson pop wouldn't be what it is, but without Paul, music as we know it likely wouldn't exist.
The music world suffered a great loss last night in the form of a man who influenced music much more than Michael Jackson did, but unfortunately won't get a quarter of the coverage. Les Paul, who essentially invented the electric guitar and multi-track recording,died yesterday at the age of 94.
Without Jackson pop wouldn't be what it is, but without Paul, music as we know it likely wouldn't exist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment