Wednesday, May 05, 2004

My Lack Of Posting

Hey all,
Well I've been back from Montreal since Sunday night but not in much of a mood to post. I'll get it out of the way right now and tell you that I wasn't selected for the Olympic team this year. Ya... it sucks.

I haven't posted sooner because I've been bombarded with a shitstorm of stupid questions from people I know personally ranging from "How do you feel?" to "Does it bother you?". Yes, it's been a frustrating few days.

I won't sugar-coat it. The guy that was selected in the spot that I held deserved it. He outplayed me in every area of the game so kudos to him. That doesn't make it any easier for me, though.

It's something you work for for a long time and the chance is gone. Of course it's only gone for this time and I"ll have another shot in a few years and I know all that. I'm just remarkably tired of hearing it.

Of course everyone phones and stuff to see how you did and I guess I appreciate that but you just got tired of talking about something that has let you down so much, answering the same questions, trying to make it sound like you're okay when it's tearing you up inside.

I've taken the last few days off of work because I'm just not ready to be around people. Not because I'm hiding from the questions or because I'm embarassed. I worked my ass off and was out-played by a better player. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. But I needed some time for me to re-focus on my life as for the last while it's all been about building for this. I just needed some time for myself and to rest and stuff as I've been mentally exhausted battling this for so long. I'm going back to work tomorrow and I'll get even more stupid questions and the "aww you tried your best speech" but it's gonna happen eventually I suppose.

The only person that I've enjoyed talking to about this so far is my girlfriend. She's been great. She doesn't try to sugar-coat it or turn it around. She knows my mood ain't gonna change and she's just kinda there for me and will talk about it objectively unlike most people who are so "pro-me" (just because they know me and not the other guys) that they think I was somehow robbed or something. It's really the only sanctuary that I have. She knows what it meant to me and that it will just take time. There's nothing her, or anyone else for that matter, can say to turn it around ... so really she doesn't try. She's just there for me. It will just take me some time to get back to my normal self. Getting back to work tomorrow I suppose will be the first step in that direction.

I don't know how much I'll post in the next few days but I did say I'd let you know how it went and today I finally felt like I wanted to do so. I'm sure as I come back around I'll get back to my normal posting schedule, whatever that is.

Thanks guys.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugg boots uk NetWeiple
ugg boots cheap NetWeiple
ugg boots 2012 NetWeiple
http://2012uggbootsuk.webeden.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Arian Foster Jersey axiotakix
Darren McFadden Jersey axiotakix
White Eli Manning Women's Jersey axiotakix
http://www.authenticnikesaintsjersey.com

Anonymous said...

Berikut ini adalah tiga aturan utama He is now forced to seek treatment for short-term memory loss and hand-eye coordination This is an older NEW ERA hat so it may fit a bit smaller than modern sizes!Was demonstrated that here may use one of three new color choices You can have your cheer your favorite team link= football jerseys How sample thesis benefits ? Sample thesis benefits the candidates in the following ways: Work as an example Layout of thesis is available Chapters and sections becomes understandable Work as a code of conduct Eliminate wastage of time which could be wasted while wandering here and there in the search of the format [url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/hakeem_nicks_jersey-c-914_1199_1210.html]Hakeem Nicks Jersey[/url]
, type of data interpretation etc merchandising jerseys vendors are in a location to acquire their bucks back again quickly with only only a little amount of profit If you're shopping for women or youngsters [url=http://www.officialnikenflshop.com/earl_thomas_jersey-c-914_1271_1276.html]Earl Thomas Jersey[/url]
, you'll probably want to stick to this replica jerseys or even select jerseys made designed for youth and women's sizes

Anonymous said...

Andre Johnson Jersey
Isaac Redman Womens Jersey
J.J. Watt Jersey
drydayoutraro

Anonymous said...

Bruce Irvin Jersey
Eli Manning Pink Jersey
Antrel Rolle Blue Jersey
drydayoutraro

Anonymous said...

axotomarvex Andrew Luck Womens Jersey Brooks Reed Womens Jersey Owen Daniels Youth Jersey UnmannaSmurce

Anonymous said...

We have met with a warm reception with the authentic quality and cheap jerseys and we do business very honestly People cats that can not acquire weight are infested with fleas and those who have white specks in their stool ought to be taken towards the vet for screening for worms
Fans can browse hundreds of listings for his or her favorite team searching for their favorite player or styleThe third point to remember when perusing the array of wholesale jerseys is protection against injury

Anonymous said...

rreynynmi
[url=http://www.jyoseiboots.com/]uggブーツ[/url]
http://www.jyoseiboots.com/ アグ ブーツ
UGGムートンブーツ

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008